Business Manager - Marine
Our Reference: J64486
Job Terms: Salaried
Job Category: Marine
Business Manager – Marine
Expleo have a requirement for an experienced Business Manager who will have responsibility for commercial & delivery performance of a portfolio of fixed price projects.
This is a challenging but rewarding role and the candidate must be able to demonstrate the ability and proven experience, to manage multiple activities in a high-pressure environment whilst setting priorities to achieve business objectives.
The Business Manager will be responsible for multi-discipline activities based out of Expleo Bristol office and will report directly to the Head of Business.
The role requires an excellent understanding of the Marine Engineering Services sector and associated customers.
We are looking for a dynamic individual to set and achieve high standards in the service Expleo provide our customers. The candidate will understand the importance of getting results through a motivated and engaged workforce.
• Support the Head of Business to deliver the agreed business strategy and take accountability for achievement of objectives.
• Capability development and business planning to deliver department growth.
• Commercial responsibility for the performance of the department based operations against targets and KPI’s
• The preparation of budgets & forecasts for submission to the Head of Business.
• Customer management to ensure a highly effective relationship and customer satisfaction
• Working with Key Account Managers, Business Development and Engineering teams to identify opportunities and to construct proposals/bids, which address customer needs in a highly competitive market.
• The management of staff and resources to achieve targeted objectives including, but not limited to, budgeted performance, employee development and business development.
• Assessing and monitoring the performance of staff and arranging for training of personnel in accordance with company needs and in conjunction with the Capability Director and People Services Manager.
• To be considered for this role, applicants will be educated to HND/degree level within an Engineering, Project Management or Business/Operational Management field or/and be able to demonstrate experience and proven capability.
• Proven and significant experience in an Operational or Programme leadership position
• Commercial acumen
• Marine / Aerospace / Defence industry experience
• Experience of performance management of people & teams
• Ideally, experience of working with multi site teams
• KPI Ownership & delivery
Business Unit: This role is working within the Marine Business Unit
Grade: Business Manager
Security & Nationality Restrictions: Recognising the secure nature of the work, suitable candidates will need to be UK Nationals only and capable of obtaining a full SC.