Our Reference: J64055
Job Terms: Salaried
Job Category: Marine
Expleo requires several Mechanical Engineers to provide support to one of our major clients based in the South West. Ideally, we are looking for skilled engineering professionals to join us on a permanent basis. The roles will be based on-site at our clients’ facility in Somerset. Salaries are negotiable based on experience and skill levels, in addition we offer 25 days leave, pension plan, optional health care plus a wide variety of staff benefits.
Candidates will ideally have experience of mechanical design tasks associated with the maritime environment. Due to the nature of these roles, candidates must be have or be eligible for UK security clearance.
• Design of products that comply with regulatory safety and environmental standards: EMC, RoHS, REACH, WEEE and relevant Safety Directives
• Applying your knowledge and skills in to innovative solutions
• Working in a collaborative fashion with multi-disciplined engineers
• Be able to advise authoritatively and credibly on the tasks undertaken.
• Provide support to other departments as required, including Manufacture and Customer Support.
• Work collaboratively with production and procurement to produce cost effective, easy to manufacture design solutions.
• To develop and agree a development plan with the team leader and then take responsibility for following the development plan and requesting assistance as needed.
• To carry out mechanical design activities in a team environment with other engineers.
• Provide support to the preparation of detailed estimates and bids.
• Provide support to production as required.
• Trials and integration support as required.
• Basic experience of Manufacturing Processes.
• General understanding of Engineering Development lifecycle.
• Essential to have experience in Mechanical Design using a 3D CAD system
• The design of sonar assemblies and equipment for the sub-sea environment.
• The design of deployment systems
• Design processes involving moulding of polyurethane, epoxy and other resins
• Design of composite structures.
• Design / specification of sub-sea cable assemblies.
• Carry out basic static stress and FEA analysis using Pro-E Mechanica
• Thermal management (use of CFD tools useful but not essential)
• Packaging of electronics and associated cabling.
• Designing for platform installation. Ship / submarine.
• Designing of assembly and mould tooling.
• Designing of lifting equipment.
• Producing key point manufacturing drawings in support of machine from model.
• Producing detailed manufacturing and assembly drawings.
• Providing support to the preparation of design requirements.
• Proficient in the use of PTC CREO & PDMlink.
• Design of composite structures and sonar domes.
• Proficient in the use of requirement management tools (E.G. DOORS).
• Implementation of innovative design solutions
• Creating, developing, and controlling mechanical detail and assembly drawings within PTC Windchill (preferable)
• Solid foundation in Geometric Tolerances, Surface Finishes, Surface Treatments and Tolerance Analysis (working to BS 8888 mandatory)
• A base of mechanical design validation via calculation and/or FEA