Our Reference: J61716
Job Terms: Hourly Rate
Location: Chester, Clwyd
Job Category: Aerospace
Term: Contract or Permanent
Pay £Neg hour/annum
Hours: 35 per week
Duration: Long Term
Expleo Group is working closely with the world's leading commercial aircraft designer and manufacturer, who require a Ergonomist to be based at their manufacturing facility in Broughton, North Wales.
The successful candidate will support ergonomics improvements in the working conditions at Broughton, ensuring compliance with the relevant Standards and Regulations. To achieve this objective you will verify the relevant situations (identify and analyse the risk factors) using ergonomics assessment methods, drive the development of ergonomic solutions within a multifunctional team and present the benefits of the improvements. In some cases you may be required to lead projects/sub-projects to apply these solutions in co-operation with production/operations, health and safety, quality and finance teams.
Key Tasks / Responsibilities:
• Providing as-is assessments to identify potential ergonomics improvement benefits.
• Supporting multifunctional teams with advice on achieving compliance with the Regulations and Standards.
• Supporting the development of action plans for solutions to reduce identified ergonomics risks, in co-operation with stakeholders: Providing recommendations to achieve compliance; Reporting and presenting findings of the ergonomic assessments in a format suitable for the audience.
• Ensuring strong links with the specific area of the business.
• Performing ergonomics assessments, reporting of ergonomics findings and providing the ergonomics related root cause analysis.
This role may involve some travel for business and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
Key Skills / Qualifications:
• Educated to degree level (or higher) in Ergonomics/Human Factors (delivered by an accredited higher education body).
• Accredited to (or working towards) Registered Membership of the Chartered Institute of Ergonomics and Human Factors (CIEHF) or equivalent.
• Good background on human factor sciences, work physiology, biomechanics, cognition.
• Experience in identifying ergonomics risk factors in the workplace (e.g. process, work flow, work organisation); proposing risk mitigation solutions to management.
• Experience in anticipating risk (e.g. new designs & processes).
• Knowledge and/or experience of the relevant Regulations and Standards relating to the workplace.
• Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Previous experience of working in an Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering environment would be desirable.
To apply for this position please click on the 'Apply Now' button or send your latest CV to Oliver Hickmott.
Tel.: +44 (0) 1772 645 076
Mob.: +44 (0) 7713 313 187