Senior Software Engineer
Our Reference: J63984
Job Terms: Salaried
Location: Dorking, Surrey
Job Category: Manufacturing Engineering
Expleo are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join a world leading manufacturer of outdoor surface cleansing equipment. This is a permanent position and will be based in Dorking, Surrey.
You will be reporting to the Systems Engineering Manager. This role involves all matters involved in the software engineering design and development of the Company's range of road sweeping machines, specifically the embedded control software and associated HMI. This role has responsibility of software design for the roadsweepers, including defining software design standards and processes for the Software Engineers with guidance from the Systems Engineering Manager.
You will train and support the Software Engineers in the Systems Engineering department to a level that they will be able to use the prescribed design standards and processes without supervision. You will need to ensure that all control software is fully tested and approved, meeting relevant standards using a defined release process, and that software release schedules are clearly defined internally and externally to Engineering. The role also involves collaborating with the Mechatronic Engineers to develop control software and system models of the machine.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
• Develop a software engineering design process from concept to commissioning, which can be applied by new and existing Software Engineers.
• Check, evaluate, and approve any software carried out by Software engineers.
• Creation of control software in JetSym STX (structured text programming language) to control all aspects of sweeping functions.
• Creation of HMI (human machine interface) graphical software In Jet ViewSoft software.
• Ensure that the control software written by the Software Engineers complies with EN ISO 13849-1: Functional Safety of Machinery as required.
• Ensure that the software written is compatible with our progress toward smart products connected by telematics to enhance the Product and service offering of the company.
• Collaborate with the Product Managers to develop software roadmaps for the machines.
• Design and validation of electrical and electronic components working with the Company's suppliers.
• To monitor continuously the cost effectiveness of designs and components to ensure that within the constraints of technical excellence and machine longevity, direct costs are minimised.
• To follow the Engineering Change Management process to ensure timely introduction of new parts and seamless changes to existing parts, with the minimum effect on integration, cost, and disturbance to production manufacture and build.
• Ability to demonstrate developing control/control panel software using C/Structured Text (IEC61131), and methodologies used for software design (e.g. V- model).
• Have an understanding of automotive electronics and CAN-based control systems and software, including sensors, PWM valves.
• Ability to demonstrate a sound understanding of using 1-D software to develop control software.
• Formal qualifications in software engineering.
• Ability to manage and develop a small team, including training in software engineering standards.
Contact Caroline on 01903 276752 or email@example.com for further information