Our Reference: J64837
Job Terms: Salaried
Location: Preston, Lancashire
Job Category: Sales
Who are Expleo?
Expleo is a trusted partner for end-to-end, integrated engineering, quality services and management consulting for digital transformation. We help businesses harness unrelenting technological change to successfully deliver innovations that will help them gain a competitive advantage and improve the everyday lives of people around the globe.
We are active in the technology intensive sectors offering access to end-to-end integrated engineering, quality services and management consulting for digital transformation and operate in over 25 countries.
The Job -
Bid Manager with a Marine/Defence bid experience is required to be in charge of bid-management activities to ensure the successful delivery of bids and their quality through the department. It requires professional bid management capabilities to be applied - giving rigour to change control, commercial awareness and stakeholder management.
The role is required to bring structure, clarity and governance to the process and discipline relating to bid management activities. It requires the successful management of the relationship with internal and external key UK and European customers and the effective management of multi-disciplinary bid teams to deliver high quality business winning proposals.
A requirement of the role is to apply strong business acumen and to maximise the companies' position to secure new business.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
Undertake the activities that will ensure the successful deliver of the bid (or bids). This will typically include (but is not limited to) the following:
• Bring structure, clarity and governance to the process and discipline relating to bid management activities.
• Manage the preparation of prequalification response submissions to customers with the objective of securing an invitation to bid.
• Participate in Bid Kick-Off meetings, providing bid management direction and engagement with the Bid Team.
• Manage the creation of the bid deliverables and ensuring review and governance, leading to the creation of a high quality proposal.
• Generate win themes that link customer needs with defined benefits of the business' offering.
• Ensure that cost estimates are effectively reviewed to ensure competitive and winning pricing.
• Ensure that effective Business Cases are prepared for specific opportunities.
• Ensure that the risk level is managed through the bid process and risk mitigation strategies are put in place.
• Support the Sales/Capture Lead in any customer negotiations and presentations.
The role will also involve occasional ad-hoc duties that are necessary to respond to the needs of the business, such as:
• Co-odination of the sales pipeline and management of salesforce,
• Analysis of bids
• Co-ordination of a bid library.
• Management of portals and framework opportunities.
• Strong, professional bid management skills.
• The ability to directly successfully manage a bid team and to drive solutions to successful conclusion.
• Strong negotiation skills with the ability to deal with customers, partners, suppliers and other parts of the business (stakeholder management skills)
• Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills with written presentation and report writing skills.
• Strong, organisational, managerial and team working skills.
• Commercial, financial and business acumen.
• A positive attitude combined with excellent interpersonal and motivational skills.
• An ability to successfully manage change
• The ability to adapt personal style of management and communication to achieve the desired results from interactions with team members and stakeholders.
• Fluent in French and German languages.
• A proven track record of delivering successful bids in contexts relevant to the client (ie marine/defence)
• Working in a complex, multidisciplinary, multi-site organisation.
• Can demonstrate the ability to construct of solutions that meet the markets need both commercially and technically
• Full business lifecycle management, including capture, qualification and developing capture plans and winning strategies
• Extensive client and stakeholder management
• Comprehensive understanding of generic processes and techniques used to schedule bid management activities.
• Comprehensive experience and understanding of the Bid Management process (including Change Control, Risk Management and Information Management).
• Comprehensive experience and knowledge of the bid life cycle
• Experience of working across boundaries, including knowledge of commercial management, finance functions.
• Has as a minimum a working knowledge of industry standard approaches to bid management (such as Shipley Capture Bench).
• Knowledge and experience of large / complex defence related bids.
• Financial / Budgetary Responsibility:
• Validation and management of bid winning budgets
• Salesforce experience
• Shipley proposal writing
Recognising the RESTRICTED nature of the work, suitable candidates will be SC cleared or eligible for this level of clearance.
Degree or equivalent qualification in engineering or business related subject.
APMP / IPMA accreditation