Supply Chain Analyst
Our Reference: J64568
Job Terms: Hourly Rate
Location: Preston, Lancashire
Job Category: Marine
In this role you will be responsible for undertaking all aspects of analysis required by the business particularly to support the program in achieving the build plan.
You will be required to deliver insight analysis and findings to the business in order to guide the leadership to take decisive actions in line with corporate policy and process taking into account requirements and performance objectives.
The following activities are typical of work to be carried out with levels of autonomy as indicated.
All tasks must be performed with a right first time ethic in order to meet business-wide Safety Quality Cost Delivery and People principles.
• Have an understanding of and apply knowledge of the end-to-end marine project Supply Chain process (Engineering MRP Procurement Quality) such that you can support the business in order to produce valuable insight quickly.
• Gather data from core project Supply Chain systems directly and through contacts in the business (SAP Teamcenter P6 Apex SAP BI).
• Support the business in understanding problems ensuring the right analysis is undertaken to then deliver recommendations and challenge ways of working.
• Undertake the necessary analysis to answer business queries interpreting the findings to provide recommendations to the business.
• Articulate limitations of analysis to manage risk in recommendations.
• Develop maintain and manage key relationships both internally and externally.
• Assist the business in ensuring all business systems document management systems and data sources are kept up-to-date to provide a single point of truth for stakeholders by identifying shortcomings where present in analysis.
• Support team members to self-verify work to ensure adherence to relevant business systems procedures policies and processes. Provide guidance to enable the team to produce right first time information.
• Broad knowledge / understanding of Supply Chain process systems and data including an understanding of the limitations and implications of decisions made. Able to quickly get up to speed on key areas required.
• Sound knowledge of how the elements of Supply Chain interface with each other and a high level understanding of how Supply Chain interfaces with the rest of the business.
• Good relationship management skills.
• Proficient in the use of standard Microsoft packages and business systems. Opportunities to upskill in specialist toolsets can be considered.
• Strong rigour ensuring right first time findings and solid time efficiency to deliver insight rapidly and to deadlines.
• Able to interpret findings to present recommendations that guide the leadership without fear of championing ideas.