Supply Chain Reporting Analyst - Barrow
Our Reference: J64569
Job Terms: Hourly Rate
Location: Preston, Lancashire
Job Category: Marine
Responsible for supporting the business in providing standard reporting with the necessary knowledge & understanding of the reports and systems they come from to answer queries from the business & direct action. The right candidate will also be required to work with the business and the BI team to convert requirements for changes to reports or new reports into specifications to produce sustainable reporting.
The following activities are typical of the work to be carried out with levels of autonomy as indicated.
All tasks must be performed with a right first time ethic in order to meet business-wide Safety Quality Cost Delivery and People principles.
• Have an understanding of and apply knowledge of the end-to-end marine project Supply Chain process (Engineering MRP Procurement Quality) that impacts the standard reports such that you can support the business with answers to queries.
• Produce standard reports as required for governance meetings from BI but also as necessary through standard Microsoft packages.
• Gather data from core project Supply Chain systems directly and through contacts in the business (SAP Teamcenter P6 Apex SAP BI).
• Support the business in understanding the insight from standard reports ensuring that actions and recommendations driven from these reports are effective.
• Undertake the necessary analysis to answer business queries on standard reports interpreting the findings to provide recommendations to the business.
• Work with other members of the analytics team to provide/receive support where needed.
• Articulate limitations of standard reporting to manage risk in recommendations.
• Develop, maintain and manage key relationships both internally and externally particularly with the stakeholders linked to the standard reports in the business and IM&T.
• Assist the business in ensuring all business systems document management systems and data sources are kept up-to-date to provide a single point of truth for stakeholders by identifying shortcomings where present in reports.
• Support team members to self-verify work to ensure adherence to relevant business systems procedures policies and processes. Provide guidance to enable the team to produce right first time information.
• Broad knowledge / understanding of Supply Chain process systems and data including an understanding of the limitations and implications of decisions made. Able to quickly get up to speed on key areas required particularly in areas that relate to the standard reports.
• Sound knowledge of how the elements of Supply Chain interface with each other and a high level understanding of how Supply Chain interfaces with the rest of the business.
• Good relationship management skills.
• Proficient in the use of standard Microsoft packages and business systems. Opportunities to upskill in specialist toolsets can be considered.
• Able to interface with the IM&T function particularly Business Intelligence to enable development of sustainable reports.
• Strong rigour ensuring that the business correctly interprets reporting and understands the impact of recommendations.
• Able to interpret standard reports to present recommendations that guide the leadership without fear of championing ideas.