Our Reference: J64186
Job Terms: Salaried
Location: Shelford, Guildford, Surrey
Job Category: Automotive
Expleo currently have an opportunity for Chassis Engineers to support a brand renowned for their unique and futuristic vision for the automotive industry. We have 2 positions currently available for Chassis Engineers, one of which is a more senior role, as a Principal Chassis Engineer is required to lead the whole chassis design team. Both positions are based in Guildford on a permanent basis.
Working within the chassis design team, the Chassis Engineer will be responsible for designing chassis systems, including steering Racks, EPAS steering columns, suspension components, wheels and brake systems, using CATIA V5. You will also liaise with the prototype workshop to define chassis components and support test vehicle build, for a wide range of extraordinary supercars.
For the Principal Chassis role, you will be involved in all the above tasks and additionally:
• Developing the team’s skills, tools and knowledge and mentoring individuals where necessary
• Conducting meetings with suppliers and technical partners
• Working with the head of design and project management to ensure budget requirements, project milestones and technical targets are met
Experience & Qualifications for the Chassis Engineer role:
• Degree qualified (ideally Mechanical Engineering)
• Motorsport / sportscar experience
• CATIA V6 experience
• Matlab & Altair packages
• Knowledge of:
o Active Suspension Systems
o Torque vectoring
o ABS, ESC & TC
o FEA Software
For more information, contact Leanne at Expleo on 01903 276740 or Leanne.firstname.lastname@example.org.