Trim and Chassis - Facilities Engineer
Our Reference: J64097
Job Terms: Hourly Rate
Location: Sunderland, Tyne and Wear
Job Category: Automotive
Expleo is working in partnership with a global car manufacturer and we are seeking a proactive Facility Planning Engineer to join our current project team based in the North East (UK). You will be working as part of the engineering team who are responsible for the continued development and improvement of this fast-paced high-volume vehicle manufacturing facility, specifically relating to the trim and chassis assembly production cell.
Outline and Responsibilities:
• Specification of new and modified production facilities and tooling
• Creation and management of schedules
• Management and control of contractor works
• Management of budgets - Revenue and Capital
• Machine safety improvements including safety device upgrades, safety matrices, facility risk assessments etc
• Creation and management of obsolescence and refurbishment activities
• Implement ideas to improve Overall Equipment Effectiveness
• Support productivity ideas and review machine concepts
• Provide technical support to the Maintenance Department
Skills and Knowledge Required:
• Knowledge of current European Machine Legislation & Standards
• Strong Mechanical or Electrical Engineering background
• Analytical & logical approach to problem solving
• Good PC, communication & negotiation skills
Unfortunately, candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this role. To apply you MUST have either an EU/UK passport or a Visa that does not require sponsorship.
This is a contract position, initially running through to April 2020 with visibility beyond this time.
To make an application or to request further information please get in touch with Teej Bushell via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (01903) 276748.