Electric Drive Engineer
Our Reference: J63429
Job Terms: Salaried
Job Category: Automotive
As a trusted recruitment partner for some of the world’s most innovative automotive manufacturers, Expleo currently have an opportunity for an Electric Drive Engineer to join the team of a world-class sports car manufacturer, as they deliver a wide range of state-of-the-art vehicles in their mission to remain at the forefront of innovation within the automotive industry.
Our clients growing reputation for producing some of the world's most admired race cars means that they require an Electric Drive Engineer with the ability to support an innovative team of engineers, as they focus on providing customers with a variety of remarkably unique models. This is a permanent position based in Surrey.
What to expect as an Electric Drive Engineer?
• Guarantee EDC delivery to all vehicle projects– to specification, on time and on budget. This will include leading EDC project leads or project engineers to deliver to programme requirements.
• Establish links with external organisations such as universities, research organisations, etc. on collaborative research projects that will help deliver innovation in EDC technologies where appropriate.
• Work with Supply Chain Management to ensure delivery of the EDC on schedule for all phases of prototype, pilot, pre-production and production build.
• Work with the Controls Department to ensure delivery of ISO 26262 requirements and platform software deliveries for all phases of the vehicle programmes.
• Provide support on EDC technical risk management to ensure project delivery, optimised vehicle performance and delivery of electric drive system attributes.
• Guarantee EDC ownership and delivery to the specific vehicle programme requirements
To be considered for Electric Drive Engineer role, we require candidates to have:
• Knowledge and experience of EDC design, test & production delivery
• Ability to design and implement EDC embedded systems such as Battery Management Systems, Motor Control Unit, Electric Drive Supervisory Unit etc
• Detailed understanding of HV battery safety, HV safety, charging standard, world-wide legislation and regulation on electric drive components and systems.
• Software design to MISRA guidelines (C or equivalent)
• Vehicle data logging, calibration and data analysis using INCA, Vector CANAPE or similar.
To find out more information on the Electric Drive Engineer role, contact Leanne on: