Quality Engineer - Composites
Our Reference: J63892
Job Terms: Salaried
Job Category: Automotive
As a trusted recruitment partner for some of the world’s largest automotive manufacturers, Expleo are currently recruiting for a Quality Engineer to be based at our client’s manufacturing facility in Sheffield, to provide Quality engineering support in the implementation of new production technologies, specifically utilising composite materials. This is a permanent position which requires an experienced Engineer with extensive expertise in Automotive Quality systems to join a fast-paced growing team of automotive professionals.
The successful candidate will be the primary quality contact for onsite composite projects, which will involve liaising with suppliers and supporting and implementing all aspects of quality within the introduction of new technology into the facility.
• Creation of quality documentation to support all quality activities and the approval of visual quality standards for cosmetic vehicle components in line with KPI’s and milestones
• Support the resolution of Quality concerns and apply analytical skills to generate solutions to technical challenges
• Support the team in Root Cause Analysis using a Practical Problem-Solving approach
• Lead the application of Quality tools (such as PFMEA, SPC and MSA) in the allocated area
• Develop Quality metrics, drive implementation and report result to the Leadership team
Experience & Knowledge
• Experience in Quality Engineering and automotive manufacturing
• Experience of pre-impregnated composite production is highly desirable
• Experience of niche vehicle (low volume) programmes desirable
• Quality Engineering skills including PFMEA, SPC, MSA, Root Cause Analyst and auditing to established quality standards
• Must have a clean UK driving license
To meet with current legislation, Right to Work checks will be carried out to ensure candidates are eligible to work within the UK.
If you would like to apply for the role of Quality Engineer, please kindly send your CV in confidence to Leanne Williams;