Senior Functional Safety Engineer - Automotive
Our Reference: J63985
Job Terms: Salaried
Job Category: Automotive
Expleo are working as a preferred recruitment partner to one of the UKs leading automotive manufacturers. An exciting new role for a Functional Safety Engineer has been created to work at vehicle level on all current and future vehicle programmes. This is a permanent position based at a state-of-the-art manufacturing site in Surrey.
Working at a vehicle level, the Functional Safety Engineer will work in a team managing activities on Powertrain, Chassis, Passive Safety, HMI and Body Systems. The successful applicant will work in a team with the following accountabilities.
• Definition of vehicle level safety policies and maintain and monitor the vehicle level safety plan
• Work with suppliers to define the Development Interface Agreements (DIA)
• Proactively support Independent Safety Assessments (ISA)
Ideally, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate relevant experience and knowledge in the following key areas:
• Knowledge of ISO26262 and relevant documentation such as HARA, FMEA, FTA etc
• Latest automotive hardware and software
• Understanding of current automotive electrical architecture, including AutoSAR
• Experience of IBM Rational DOORS documentation
If you are a degree qualified Automotive Functional Safety Engineer ready for a new challenge working with some of the UK’s most talented engineers, creating world-class, high-end cars, we may have just the role for you.
To discuss your application or to have a confidential conversation, please contact Leanne Williams at Expleo.