Our Reference: J60999
Job Terms: Salaried
Location: Thatcham, Berkshire
Job Category: Automotive
Are you a Quality Engineer looking to join a leading automotive manufacturer? Do you have background in Leading FMEA’s and PPAP submissions?
If so, Expleo has an opportunity for you! We are recruiting on behalf of a worldwide leader in the design and manufacture of transmission systems for a Quality Engineer
To carry out the regular duties of an Automotive Quality Engineer within the Quality department.
Such as leading FMEA’s and PPAP submissions, working with Engineering and liaising with customers on quality planning and quality issues for low volume high technology automotive transmission projects.
• Support new Product Introduction using APQP – compilation of FMEA’s and Control Plans
• Dealing with customers for quality related issues
• To work closely with all area to implement robust solutions and changes to manufacturing processes to improve quality and reduce waste.
• Maintain the documented Quality Management System and undertake projects
• Support assessments of the quality management system when undertaken by customers and external certification bodies such as BSi Management systems.
• To provide technical support and process assistance to engineers and customers as required.
• Attend formal design reviews as appropriate to provide guidance related to a particular project.
• Carry out quality and process Investigations as determined by the Quality Manager.
• Must have in depth knowledge of PPAP and APQP
• Knowledge of problem solving and root cause analysis tools.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
• Understanding of transmission products and quality systems
• Must be a good communicator and able to build close working relationships both internally and with customers.
• Experience of implementing and managing the Production Part Approval Process for new and modified products or assemblies.
• Good background in leading and participating in FMEA
• To be able to investigate and solve root cause of manufacturing problems
• Must have awareness of production processes in an engineering environment.
• Auditing experience.
Minimum of HNC or HND in an engineering discipline
To meet with current legislation, right to work checks will be carried out to ensure candidates are able to work within the UK.
If you are interested in applying for the role of a Quality Engineer or require further information, please contact:
Lisa Hunt Lisa.email@example.com 276740