Head of Business (Marine)
Our Reference: J64485
Job Terms: Salaried
Job Category: Marine
Head of Business - Marine
Expleo have a requirement for Head of Business who will be responsible for leading and delivering the strategy for profitable growth in our Marine Business. The business area supported by this role delivers projects across mechanical, electrical, systems and hardware requirements in support of our Marine clients.
This is a challenging but rewarding role and the candidate must be able to demonstrate high capability and a proven successful track record in managing Operational delivery in Engineering Services or similar business.
The Head of Business could be based out of either the Expleo Preston or Bristol office and will report directly to the Operations Director.
The role requires an excellent understanding of the Marine Engineering Services sector and associated customers.
We are looking for a dynamic individual to set and achieve high standards in the service Expleo provide to our customers. The candidate will demonstrate expertise in getting results through a motivated and engaged workforce.
The key responsibilities for the role are:
• Provide leadership, development & direction to the team
• Ensure commitments made by the business and customer expectations are met.
• Deliver strong financial performance.
• Develop a strategy that delivers sustainable business growth
The candidate will be responsible for running an effective operation and ensures it performs within agreed budgets, objectives and the overall business plan. Detail elements of the role include:
• Championing the SQCDP process
• Ensure KPI reporting is robust.
• The preparation of budgets for submission to the relevant Operations Director, including
• proposals for development and the acquisition of new equipment and skills.
• Driving continuous improvement.
• Proposal and Quotation Management and Approval
• Contract management of orders to include negotiation of initial orders, amendments to orders, work variation payments and financial progress monitoring.
• Liaison with the Quality Assurance Manager to ensure that customer quality requirements are fully understood at the proposal stage and on receipt of orders.
• Ensuring that the customers’ requirements are being met and achieving maximum efficiency and economy compatible with the quality required by the customer.
• Assessing and monitoring the performance of staff and arranging for training of personnel in accordance with company needs in conjunction with the relevant Operations Director and Head of People Services.
• Ensuring that necessary corrective actions, following internal audits, are initiated and promptly implemented.
• Ensuring the security of data and information received in-confidence from clients.
• Ensuring that each department is adequately staffed and correctly organised, to achieve maximum efficiency.
• Ensuring that the requirements of Health and Safety at Work act and the COSHH regulations are understood and complied with to prevent both accidents and exposure to hazardous substances.
• To be considered for this role, applicants will be educated to HND/degree level within an Engineering, Project Management or Business/Operational Management field or/and be able to demonstrate experience and proven capability.
• Significant experience in an Operational or Programme leadership position
• Exceptional KPI Ownership & delivery focus
• High level of contractual and financial acumen
• Significant Marine / Aerospace / Defence sector experience preferably within an Engineering Services business.
• Experience of performance management of people & teams
• Demonstrable experience of leading the development and successful implementation of strategic programmes.
• Experience of working with diverse and multiple stakeholders, in a complex environment
Grade: Head of Business
Location: Preston or Bristol
Security & Nationality Restrictions: Recognising the secure nature of the work, suitable candidates will need to be UK Nationals only and capable of obtaining a full SC.