Human Factors Engineer
Our Reference: J64175
Job Terms: Hourly Rate
Job Category: Railway
Job title – Human Factors Engineer
Location – Derby
Type – Contract/Perm
Expleo Group have an exciting opportunity for a Human Factors specialist to work alongside one of our major clients within the rail sector. We are flexible to you working out of any of expleo’s UK based offices, however due to the clients location travel to Derby for meetings will be required.
• To integrate human factors within engineering processes across one or more project(s).
• Deliver to agreed cost, time and quality mandate.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Degree in Engineering or Science discipline directly related to the HF competencies.
• Ideally Chartered with an appropriate organisation, e.g. IEHF, BPS, IET
• Previous experience in the management of HF integration on engineering project(s).
• Ideally knowledge of the operational railway, engineering processes and human factors integration through the product family lifecycle.
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Experience in the interpretation and application of legislation and normative standards
• Knowledge and experience of TSI LOC&PAS, Railway Group Standards, appropriate UIC standards
• Knowledge and experience in authorisation and customer approval processes for complex products
• Knowledge of Office (MS office / Sharepoint) as well as Engineering (DOORS systems) tools
• Expert knowledge and experience in a relevant engineering area (e.g. rolling stock, propulsion and controls, rail control solutions)
• A good understanding of how the HF function integrates within engineering processes and on projects, in particular the V lifecycle.
• A good understanding of the integration of HF across the rail industry including latest developments and HF-related risks.
• Innovative approach to solving problems that affect the integration of HF at a project level.
• Routine decision-making to support the Specialist to resolve quality and cost issues in their work packages.
• Ability to communicate with cross-functional engineering disciplines to enable the integration of HF.