Project Engineer - Rail
Our Reference: J64267
Job Terms: Salaried
Job Category: Railway
Who are Expleo?
Expleo is a trusted partner for end-to-end, integrated engineering, quality services and management consulting for digital transformation. We help businesses harness unrelenting technological change to successfully deliver innovations that will help them gain a competitive advantage and improve the everyday lives of people around the globe.
We are active in the technology intensive sectors offering access to end-to-end integrated engineering, quality services and management consulting for digital transformation and operate in over 25 countries.
• Lead projects engineering tackling complex problems
• Lead and support the day to day management of projects.
• Work closely alongside the project and / or delivery team in order to achieve on time delivery of projects at the right quality and cost.
• Provide the liaison between the company’s other departments suppliers and sub-contractors.
• Act as the technical and/or commercial interface with key clients.
• Some commercial experience working on Railway engineering projects including phases of projects of design, approvals, procurement, contract administration, reporting and closure.
• Some experience in the management of projects to meet critical deadlines.
• Knowledge and experience of Railway vehicle technology and engineering.
• Experience in design, implementation and testing (of systems and / or vehicle).
• Understanding of Planning & Project Delivery Processes.
• Familiar with the use of quality processes.
• Experience dealing with the commercial aspects of projects.
• Experienced in monitoring client interface and relationships.
• A Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics or Software Engineering degree from a recognised University, or qualification of equivalent standard from an alternative place of study.
• Ideally the qualifications must confer eligibility for membership to a UK Engineering professional body such as IMechE.
• You will possess creative problem-solving skills
• You will understand engineering lifecycle
• You will have interpersonal skills such as leadership, delegation, communication and conflict management.
You will be a good communicator (written and verbal), have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to quickly build rapport with others, be self-motivated and able to use initiative, be organised with good time management and prioritisation.
You will have multi-discipline knowledge of rail vehicle engineering.
• You will set high standards for yourself and those that you lead both directly and indirectly, acting as an advocate for our clients internally and ensuring right first time, on time delivery.
Why join us?
We are a hive of different profiles. But we are united by a spirit of boldness. At Expleo, whatever your skillset or your background, you will find like-minded individuals with whom you can think big and challenge the status quo.
Expleo helps businesses deliver innovations that drive technological progress for the benefit of wider society. Whatever your career stage, you can expect opportunities to grow your expertise and convert your talent into meaningful impact.
Balance is a big deal here. Balance is what our people expect in their working lives. We’ll give you the freedom to make your mark with your work, whilst enjoying your wider interests too. That’s the winning formula.