Quality Manager - PCC Group
Our Reference: J64294
Job Terms: Salaried
Job Category: Aerospace
To Lead, Manage and own Quality tasks in accordance with business processes and procedures. To implement the Company Quality Policy and objectives and to maintain the Company Quality Systems and approvals.
• Develop internal Business management system to comply with customer and regulatory requirements.
• Define/develop metrics to monitor and improve the quality function (scrap, quality pulse, customer returns, customer complaints, 8D activity, Customer improvement plans)
• Maintain department training records and have training plans in place
• Plan and lead visits/audits to suppliers and sub-contractors as agreed.
• Auditing of internal processes and activities against company procedures and regulatory specifications.
• Ensure effective non-conformance corrective actions and preventive actions are carried out.
• Liaison with regulatory authorities and customers as required ensuring compliance of PCC quality systems
• Planning, preparation and hosting 3rd party audits. Ensure audit approach is adequate for and manpower adequate
• Oversight of APQP, 8D activities in the support of quality improvement activities
• Maintain and expand the use of MSA and process capability to optimise inspection regimes and process stability
• Supporting the Technical Director and SLT in the preparation of the Business Management review
• Liaison with all levels of PCC personnel to facilitate product conformance.
• Lead and maintenance of the relevant quality system documentation and processes, i.e. procedures, work instructions, quality plans, training records for authorised operators, etc.
• Collection, collation and analysis of internal quality performance measures, i.e. maintenance of quality databases.
• Quality planning to proactively prevent non-conformance.
• Liaison with customers and PCC personnel to continually improve our quality systems and quality performance.
• Oversee stamp database controls
• Providing help and direction to less experienced members of the team to support their work and development.
• Ensure effective communications exist between own and other Departments.
• Motivate, develop and lead a cohesive team of operating staff excelling in high customer service performance levels and creating continuous improvement and efficiency.
• To work in a safe manner in order to satisfy Health and Safety legislation and to avoid accident or injury to people, machinery or property.
• Carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required within the jobholder’s capability consistent with the Terms and Conditions of employment.
• Oversee Inspection Variable cost spend profiles to support TOC Variable cost activities
• Training of quality systems, requirements and processes
• Support product and process capability and drive towards a zero-defect culture and quality policy.
• Assisting departments in the improvement and development of processes and procedures to enhance effectiveness.
This job description is current at the date issued. Changes in the laws of the country, technology, customer demands and the requirement to improve efficiency for the survival of the Company, may require changes to be made in the future. You will be consulted about any such changes as they arise.
Qualifications, skills, attributes, experience required:
• Previous experience in a similar role within an engineering environment that was subject to quality standard controls, preferably ISO9000, JAR 21 or other Aerospace Standard.
• In depth understanding of quality standards.
• Knowledge of Quality Management Systems and documentation.
• Practical experience of internal auditing, creation of technical documentation, i.e., procedures, quality plans, process maps.
• Well-motivated with ability to work to exacting targets within a team, and a structured approach to problem solving and continual improvement.
• Be able to communicate with personnel of all levels within the company and customers.
• Previous man-management experience.
• Extensive root cause experience.
• Knowledge of Six Sigma.
• Experience of Statistical Process Control.