Our Reference: J64224
Job Terms: Hourly Rate
Job Category: Railway
Job title – Rail Technician
Location - Derby
Who are Expleo?
Expleo is a trusted partner for end-to-end, integrated engineering, quality services and management consulting for digital transformation. We help businesses harness unrelenting technological change to successfully deliver innovations that will help them gain a competitive advantage and improve the everyday lives of people around the globe.
We are active in the technology intensive sectors offering access to end-to-end integrated engineering, quality services and management consulting for digital transformation and operate in over 25 countries.
We are seeking an Electrical/Mechanical technician with hands experience building and maintaining mechanical and electrical test rigs.
Duties include but are not restricted to:
• Experience within the rail or automotive industry preferred but not essential.
• Will be required to develop technical solutions which satisfy the user requirements identified by the customer.
• Will have familiarity with the processes involved in turning designs into manufactured hardware and a sound knowledge of manufacturing techniques and plant / machinery which may be utilised.
• Manufacture, inspect, assemble, set to work, and test equipment in line with in-house and/or customer drawings and documentation, including completion of supporting documentation for each of the activities as required.
• Conduct installation, commissioning, and site testing requirements,
• Be able to read, interpret, and work within the confines of a range of safety documentation including; Material safety data sheets, COSHH assessments, installation method statements, and risk assessments as required.
• Safely utilise / operate plant, access, and handling equipment, as qualified in support of project activities.
• Execute all work giving due regard to the Technical and Legislative constraints imposed.
Qualifications / Experience
• Minimum Qualification: C&G Full Tech. Certificate/G2 Engineering ULCI or equivalent in a relevant subject. Will have attained a CCNSG recognised ‘Passport to Safety’ qualification
• Have an awareness of National Standards, Regulator Codes Applicable to the design and manufacture of plant and equipment. Understand the responsibility placed on the individual, and the Company by CDM Regulations.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Technician Grade or similar staff appointment.
Why join us?
We are a hive of different profiles. But we are united by a spirit of boldness. At Expleo, whatever your skillset or your background, you will find like-minded individuals with whom you can think big and challenge the status quo.
Expleo helps businesses deliver innovations that drive technological progress for the benefit of wider society. Whatever your career stage, you can expect opportunities to grow your expertise and convert your talent into meaningful impact.
Balance is a big deal here. Balance is what our people expect in their working lives. We’ll give you the freedom to make your mark with your work, whilst enjoying your wider interests too. That’s the winning formula.