Structural Design Engineer - Turkey
Our Reference: J64509
Job Terms: Salaried
Job Category: Aerospace
Structural Design Engineer
Contract - 12 months
(Strong possibility of work back in the UK after an initial period of up to 12 months on-site)
As part of our on-going support to a client based in Turkey, Expleo are currently looking for Structural Design Engineers on a contract basis to support an exciting military Aerospace project based in Turkey.
On returning to the UK, we will be able to offer work in our offices on a permanent staff or contract (PSC) basis.
Due to the nature of the work you must be from a NATO country and be able to achieve full UK SC clearance.
• Produce airframe structural configuration layouts and detail designs including preliminary sizing/stress analysis, joint layouts, interface boundary definitions of parts and assemblies employing metallic and composite materials
• Create and maintain CAD solid models and drawings of installations, assembly and detail components that meet all requirements such as structural integrity, interface boundaries, weight and cost targets as directed by the project engineer
• Conduct periodic design reviews as required to ensure designs meet the requirements
• Interfaces with internal and external customers to present design development outputs
• Interfaces with procurement and manufacturing to facilitate transition from design to production
• Review customer requirements and support decomposition to lower level requirements
• Graduation from Mechanical, Aircraft, Aerospace or Aeronautical Engineering departments
• Excellent experience in CAD design tools at last 5 years
• Deep knowledge in principles of Structural Analysis
• Experience in aircraft structures
• Considerable experience in the relevant areas
PREFERRED ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
• MSc or Phd in relevant areas
• Being the user of the 3D Experience