Material & Processes Engineer
Our Reference: J63869
Job Terms: Hourly Rate
Location: Prestwick, Ayrshire
Job Category: Aerospace
Role: Material & Processes Engineer
Pay £Neg/hour (Ltd)
Hours: 37 per week (minimum)
Duration: 6 Months
Expleo Group are working closely with the world's leading first tier Aerostructures and Components supplier at their site in Prestwick who require a Material & Processes Engineer.
Role Tasks and Resposinibilties:
• Compiling First Part Qualification Plans and Reports for A320 Family, A380, A350XWB and Boeing 747-8
• Reviewing supplier process Technique Sheets & Composite Manufacturing Requirements (CMR) documents
• Supporting the running of Materials & Processes related tasks with various internal customer teams, other business units, external suppliers & our customers
• Supporting the needs of the business for provision of and advice on customer, national and international material and process specifications, ensuring that released information and data meets with the Design and Legislative requirements whilst taking into account health and safety needs
• Advising on the selection & properties of aircraft materials and fasteners, processes and protective treatments
• Expertise on different test methods including chemical, physical and mechanical and the corresponding test results analysis
• Review and provide advice on technical documentation submitted by suppliers
• Liaise with suppliers & customers in the management and control of technically vetted documents in order to achieve customer approval
• Responsible for the creation, maintenance & auditing of business engineering processes, etc.
• Desirable: Knowledge of Metallic and Non-metallic materials and corresponding manufacturing processes/ protective and heat treatments, surface treatment.
Candidates MUST be eligible to work in the UK.
To apply for this position please click on the 'Apply Now' button or call Oliver Hickmott at Expleo Group on 01772 645076.