Systems Engineer - Electric Drive Control
Our Reference: J63448
Job Terms: Salaried
Job Category: Automotive
Expleo are working as a preferred recruitment partner to one of the UKs leading automotive manufacturers. An exciting new role for a Systems Engineer has been created as our client moves towards hybrid and electric vehicles and therefore require support within their Electric Drive team, who have a shared interest in high performance hybrid and electric powertrains. Working at their manufacturing site in Surrey, you’ll be using the most innovative, cutting edge technology in the automotive market, designing, engineering and delivering Electric Drive Control (EDC) systems from concept through to production.
Your accountabilities may include:
• Development of software and control systems in the DC/DC converter, chargers and ECU’s
• Working closely with the vehicle teams to develop electric drive architecture and components, and to ensure EDC systems are ready for prototype, pre-production and production
• Use of requirements management tools (DOORS) and Battery Management Systems (BMS) and Motor Control Unit (MCU)
• Carry out Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA)
Ideally, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate relevant experience and knowledge in the following key areas:
• Control systems design with knowledge of hybrid or electric drive technology
• Matlab / Simulink, CAE design tools and software design and embedded systems
• Product development life cycle and engineering V model
To discuss your application or to have a confidential conversation, please contact Leanne Williams at Expleo on 01903 276751 or email@example.com.